These components are:
- Transversal elements: comprise users’ characterization activities, security policies, institutionalization of the strategy, implementation of a management system information technology, among others, that are common to the other components.
- Online information: Try to make available to users all the information found in the state and is useful to the public. In this component we find the publication activity of Open Government Data.
- Interaction Online: Includes activities to enable opportunities for exchange of information between public officials, organizations, citizens and businesses.
- Online Transaction: Here are the activities aimed at the implementation of procedures and services using electronic channels.
- Transformation: This component seeks interoperability using electronic media through departments of an entity and other entities, seek to minimize paperwork chains and improve administrative efficiency.
- Democracy online: The latter component seeks to enable opportunities for participation of citizens where they can be part of the decision-making of government and public policy making. In this component, the theme Open Innovation working in the government and in turn there reappears theme open data for generating innovative solutions.
(More information on http://programa.gobiernoenlinea.gov.co/apc-aa-files/eb0df1052919522...)
Focusing attention on the topic of Open Government Data, we can find the portal datos.gov.co, which was to enable public bodies to publish their datasets. On this portal you can find various types of data and are dedicated areas for both institutions and developers. It has an Apps store, where it gets publicly available applications that are developed for different platforms, especially mobile. For February 20, 2014 published 494 datasets are issues like:
- Administrative data
- Labour and employment
- Civil service
- Social Prosperity
- Mobility and Transport
- Mining and Energy
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Economic and Business
Each dataset is downloadable in csv or xls format, has the metadata tab and a space for comments and user requests for each set.
The standards used in the portal allows access from different platforms such as Microsoft. NET, Java, Ruby, PHP and Python. The standards are:
- Rest Web Services
- Open Data Protocol (HTTP, Atom Publishing protocol and JSON).
For the years 2013 and 2014, the ministry of ICT has made an administrative agreement with the Centre for Research and Development of Information Technologies and Communications – CINTEL, whereby a specialized coaching is done government entities to improve the implementation of the Government Online Strategy, and has framed the six components of this strategy on three themes:
- Procedures and Services
- Administrative Efficiency
- Open Government
In the latter works everything about open innovation and open data. Previously identified strategic issues for the country as institutions sector and contribute information for decision-making on such issues. With these strategic issues identified sources of data relevant to the important issues of government and proceeds to make the process of legal analysis and subsequent publication.
Other institutions, especially technical, technological and vocational training, are attentive to see the opportunities for use of these data through hackatons, application development within their academic programs and related research.
Entities will be encouraged to plan sustainability strategy and increase citizen participation through exercises open innovation and open data sets. Institutions build baseline indicators to measure and assess the impact in the medium and long term.
Thus, Colombia is strongly entering open government issues, looking in turn, improve your position in the rankings this topic. Colombia currently ranks second in Latin America after Chile, but must improve to find a better position globally.” - Carlos Andrés Morales Machuca - Bogotá, Colombia